Tirupati is located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh and is a popular temple city that is considered the heavenly home of Lord Vishnu. As the most sacred place of pilgrimage for Hindus, devotees visit lakhs to Tirupati every year. Ten kilometers northwest of Tirupati is the Venkateswara Swamy Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Venkateswara and is also admired by followers. If you plan to visit Tirupati, make sure you are familiar with these five things and book your taxi from Bangalore to Tirupati in advance.
- Tirumala Brahmotsavam – This is one of the most promising and significant festivals in Tirupati. It is believed that Lord Brahma worshiped Lord Balaji on the banks of the Pushkarini River to thank him for protecting humanity. Since then, Brahmotsavam has been celebrated in Tirumalai every October.
- Where should we eat? – In Tirupati you can only eat vegetarian as a place of pilgrimage. Most hotels and restaurants serve a variety of vegetarian dishes, including Idli, Vada, Dosa, Upma, Pongal, and regular meals. During your stay in Tirupati, try Rayalseema delights, including Aalasananda Vadalu, Akukura Pulagura, and Ragi Sangati. If you like to eat on banana leaves, Tirupati is the right place to tickle your taste buds and enjoy the delicious food.
- Where to shop – Famous for handicrafts, you can always buy wood carvings and calamari work. If you are an art lover, you can haggle with traditional Tanjore gold leaf paintings made in Madanpalli. There are also white wood toys, idols and unique handicrafts in Tirupati.
- Where to sleep – Tirupati is a popular travel destination and offers a variety of accommodations, from five-star hotels to affordable dormitories. Many people who travel to Bangalore plan a short trip to Tirupati and book taxis in Bangalore to visit the deity. If you are one of them, you can easily book a budgeted stay online and save on your booking. Others who prefer an elaborate stay can opt for independent bungalows.
- When to visit – Tirupati can be visited at any time of the year, but is the best time from September to March because the weather is pleasant. If you just want to visit the pilgrimage center, December is the ideal time of year because the temple is a little less crowded during this time. Otherwise it is preferable to visit October to March.